- Crushed small onion can be mixed with sugar candy to help in softening phlegm and prevent cough recurrence.
- Regular eating of raw onion also helps to reduce cholesterol level in the obese or overweight people because it increases the level of high density lipo-proteins.
- Apart from helping to prevent coronary heart disease, arterioscleroses, thrombosis and high blood pressure, onions are also beneficial in the treatment of urinary tract disorders
compound present in raw onion will also help to prevent the growth of cancer cells. Sulphur
- Onion is also good and effective in the treatment of anemia, bleeding piles, stomach aches, while the juice can be applied externally as an antiseptic. It also prevents and can treat teeth disorders.
- According to the information supplied by the National Centre for Complementary Medicine, raw or uncooked onion as well as garlic show the progression of atherosclerosis and fight stomach cancer.
- Onion also helps in maintaining the elasticity (flexibility) of the major arteries that pump blood from the heart to the rest of the body (i.e. the aorta). It also helps in reducing the blood’s viscousity (stickiness), thus preventing blood clotting
- Onions according to the Journal of the American Diatetic Association (ADA) contains phenolic phytochemicals. These biologically-active compounds possesses an important disease-preventing property. The high levels of phenolic flavonol of onion also make it a strong disease fighter. Unfortunately, cooking fresh onions could destroy as much as 82 per cent of these important nutrients
- Onions significantly reduces the risk of breast cancer. This was also confirmed in the European Journal of Epidemiology of December, 1998, which showed that the greater the consumption of both raw onions and garlic, the lower the risk of developing breast cancer.
From now on, i will eat raw onions!
Thursday, August 26, 2010
During the duration of our research on the project of my niece Alxia, I learned that Onions is a very powerful vegetables in terms of medicinal use. This vegetables should not be cook and should be eaten raw so that it can treat illness. Here are some of its uses:
We are still in the period of adjustment after papa and mama have move to their new assignments. We will surely miss them in our home. I and my brother is planning to arrange the stuffs in our house since some of the things were transfered at Dalapitan. The living room is more spacious the roller shades decor of Andrei is now more visible compared before. Out of 3 bedrooms only 2 were occupied but once in a while my brother slept at mom and dads room. We are on the process of sorting unused clothes for donations this coming December. I know it will take time for us to do all this thing but we will just take one step at a time!
Monday, August 16, 2010
Most of my friends are September born. Ate Emeldz will start the celebration on the 1st day of the month, followed by Mommy Luz , ate Virgo, Jeng and Jerry on the second day, Zac on the 3rd day, Mellow and Thirdy on the 4th and 5th day respectively. Can you imagine a one week celebration that would mean making my pocket empty lol! I miss my group already, its been 2 years since I wans't able to attend their birthday celebrations, how I wish this year I can make it. I have already called mommy Luz who was freshly arrive from here US trip, she told me that she has something for me and my baby Ea. I am so excited to see her, the last time she gave me a bag of chocolates, a key chain and a picture with a background of New York City flowers. Mommy loves to travel how I wish we can joined her soon!
This month spiders are every where and Seth Photography is taking advantage of it. The first time I saw this shot I asked my brother what's that Spider eating chocolates? LOL! He smile and answered I guess so! This tiny creature is so cuddly in this picture, the 4 eyes where so visible and wondering where are the others hahahahah.... more beautiful shots will be posted here soon!
Ate Erlinda will be delivering another baby girl by the end of the month. We are all excited to see the baby. Last week, Juvy accompany Ate ERs on her weekly pre-natal check up. According to her OB-GYNE, the baby is very healthy. She was advice to have a walking habit every morning and needs to continue taking her one a day prenatal vitamin until she delivers the baby. Though it will be her 3rd baby, Ate Er's seem experiencing first time delivery cause her last delivery was 12 years ago.
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Time really flew so fast, it seems like yesterday when I have pictures of Kadayawan 2009 celebration. Next week, Davao city is celebrating the said festivities again. I saw streamers and banners on the street inviting Kidapaweños to joined the celebration. Different commercial establishment were also announcing to have a 3 day sale on different items including furnitures and fixtures. I saw samples of modern sofas, tables and cabinets in the tarpaulins, all are beautifully crafted. For sure, shoppers will have blast during the festivities!
Another macro shot collection of Seth Photography. This time it captures a bumble bee, enjoying the sweetness of the nectar of a beautiful purple flower. It seems like no yesterday for this busy bee lol, cause it was not bother by the flash of the camera. I love the color combination, the green background makes this picture perfect hehehehe!
I love my gadgets, I treat them as my partner in work. In making documentaries, it is advantageous to use modern equipments. Recently, I noticed that my camcorder's LCD has a little line that is very destructing every time I make a shot. I thinks, its time for me to upgrade my beloved cam. My brother suggest me to read camcorder reviews just like he did when he purchase our new LCD television. For sure, I'll take his advice, its just like reading TV reviews as well.
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Seventeen months ago to be exact I was hospitalized for 15 days, that was one of the biggest trials I have experience in my life, I thought I can't survive but GOD is so good to me and HE gave me another change. Since then I really treasure my health. I was so thankful cause I have health plans that helps me on my medication. This year, I heard that Medicare part D plans is now available. What a good news, wider coverage is the best it can offer to all of us!
This is only part of the plaques and awards given to my Boss as PESO Manager of Kidapawan City for 16 years of fruitful and meaningful service to the public. If am not mistaken 5 pages on her documentary entry were list of her awards, commendations and recognitions from Department of Labor and Employment so as with the linkages agencies in the Region. Ate Ming, is nominated as 2009 BEST PESO MANAGER for National Level, Component City Category! We are so proud of her!